Andrea - VIN 1748 (italy)

Blogs des restaurations, présentation des nouveaux

Messagepar cineman » Ven 18 Jan 2008 à 21:56

Domi a écrit:Hope to see you at La Plagne this year :idea:

this year if all goes ok i plan to come with my car ;) and stay in Laplagne like a week, i think...for some little holyday cause i like the place lol
cineman

Messagepar Domi » Ven 18 Jan 2008 à 21:57

Good news :wink:
Domi
Membre SW
Membre SW

Messagepar Florent » Ven 18 Jan 2008 à 22:08

Good work!!
:D
Florent
Membre SW
Membre SW

Messagepar cineman » Sam 01 Mar 2008 à 20:38

Some news, i finally have the car on the road again ;)
Last days i checked the convergence of the wheels, and other things.
I also opened up the steering rack for cleaning and lubing it, it was a nice job to do. It is quite easy to open it but you have to do it taking attention not loosing nothing. The most difficult thing is to re put the bearings in the rack but they are not true bearings, they are "open" so with a little of pacience you can put them together. The bearing down the rack, under the pinion you can grease all up and then put one bearing for time and close then all with their cap.
It is easy, but delicate to do... it is not a job for an hammer Lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
cineman

Messagepar cineman » Dim 02 Mar 2008 à 19:34

Lol... yes, i'm on the road again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YhcspYU_SY
cineman

Messagepar Florent » Dim 02 Mar 2008 à 19:46

That's great!!!
Good road!
Florent
Membre SW
Membre SW

Messagepar Vince » Dim 02 Mar 2008 à 19:48

A space mix of On the road again. Nice!
Your Delorean and you on the road again 2xNice!
Vince

Messagepar cineman » Dim 02 Mar 2008 à 20:35

Vince a écrit:A space mix of On the road again. Nice!
Your Delorean and you on the road again 2xNice!

they are the Rockets, an 80s space rock group. they were originary from france, but then they became more italian, because some change in the group after their success.
I'm a great fan of 80s synth pop, synth music, disco etc, and i play the synthesizer me too :P
cineman

Messagepar cineman » Lun 07 Avr 2008 à 16:33

Reading around the web on other forums about a strut bar in the front trunk i decided to try to make one. Delorean Midwest
(http://www.dmcmidwest.com/ ) sell one professional but i thought that 150$ for a straight metal was to much so i decided to cut one myself, cause i have lot of iron in my job.
I replaced the two bolt wich attach the body to the frame with two long filetted bar, and putted a piece of iron tube for keep the distances. i used an heavy iron bar for the main connection.
Image Image Image Image

and after...well i dont know, maybe the suggestion worked to much but after i installed it i now feel the steering A LOT more lighter and precise, from the parked car to the riding car. I suggest this to everybody! Homebuild or the DMC Midwest... i think the only difference with their is that mine is not adjustable, in their bar you can adjust the distance and the force on the struts.
The bar is over the replacement tire, but in the case i need it in a minute i can keep out the two bolts and the bar.
Than I made some other improvement to have the car handling better i can...
I bought from Ed uding his steering shaft u-joint and installed it ( i had a bit of playing in mine)
http://www.delorean.eu/images/replacement%20100839%20and%20100840.jpg
With this two items the car is amazingly different, also Giacomo who tried my car was shocked... i can feel every little variaton on the road on my steering.
Im quite happy how my car handles now after the hit. is for many way a lot better. I still have to re-check the convergence and the rings on the anti-roll bar cause at high speed (140-150kmh) on breaking it tries to go a bit to the left, but im sure i could resolve it. Please :p if you have questions...
cineman

Messagepar Ace » Lun 07 Avr 2008 à 16:43

That's a cool way to forget about your accident --> to make your car even better than it was before!! :D
Ace

working working working

Messagepar cineman » Ven 03 Oct 2008 à 20:30

update ^^

after come back from holland... i envyed the other's car closing fitment of the doors :P ... My passenger door fitmand had been always bad from the first day, so when in holland i asked around what i could do to adjust it. I got various answers and ideas: Ed told me to try to move a little far in the fiberglass the door close on (mine was rubbish it), Welmoed told me to adjust the 4 bolts of the attach point and Stephen Winne told me my door was also a bit deformed for maybe a past overtorque of the torsion bar, and i should try to take it out and relax the door in the correct position.
So... i'm doing all of this ^^
I also did some other little jobs..

Another project i'm working on, with Giascarcio, is a way to fit better heat resistance brake. I am now experimenting how to fit a Vented disc on the standard hub.
I found that many Cortina and Capri's user instead of changing the calipers they use a spacer in it to make them able to accept the more witdth of the vented disc. I bough a pair of this kit. They are quite cheap and you can find it very easy on the web and ebay ( look for "capri caliper spacer" [url]http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_dmptZUKQ5fCarsPartsQ5fVehiclesQ5fCarPartsQ5fSMQQ_fromZR46?_nkw=capri+spacer+caliper&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=capri+spacer&_osacat=0 ]link in ebay[/url] )
So the idea it to keep the original caliper with the vented disc... the brake power remain the same, good when all is ok, but with better resistence to heat.
I looked houndred of brake catalogs to find a disc that could maybe be ok to fit in the delorean, after some works... the disc i found is very common one to find.
I'm still in the develpment of the brake system... but im not so satisfied for now, it is not so easy to have a vented disc in the delorean hub =_= too little space...
I have to take out the rear dust shield to have enought space for closing all.
We will see if it will work ^^

I put some photos of all my works here...

http://picasaweb.google.com/cinemanvero/LavoriInCorso#
Say me what you think!
Andrea
cineman

working working working

Messagepar cineman » Ven 03 Oct 2008 à 20:33

update ^^

after come back from holland... i envyed the other's car closing fitment of the doors :P ... My passenger door fitmand had been always bad from the first day, so when in holland i asked around what i could do to adjust it. I got various answers and ideas: Ed told me to try to move a little far in the fiberglass the door close on (mine was rubbish it), Welmoed told me to adjust the 4 bolts of the attach point and Stephen Winne told me my door was also a bit deformed for maybe a past overtorque of the torsion bar, and i should try to take it out and relax the door in the correct position.
So... i'm doing all of this ^^
I also did some other little jobs..

Another project i'm working on, with Giascarcio, is a way to fit better heat resistance brake. I am now experimenting how to fit a Vented disc on the standard hub.
I found that many Cortina and Capri's user instead of changing the calipers they use a spacer in it to make them able to accept the more witdth of the vented disc. I bough a pair of this kit. They are quite cheap and you can find it very easy on the web and ebay ( look for "capri caliper spacer" )

So the idea it to keep the original caliper with the vented disc... the brake power remain the same, good when all is ok, but with better resistence to heat.
I looked houndred of brake catalogs to find a disc that could maybe be ok to fit in the delorean, after some works... the disc i found is very common one to find.
I'm still in the develpment of the brake system... but im not so satisfied for now, it is not so easy to have a vented disc in the delorean hub =_= too little space...
I have to take out the rear dust shield to have enought space for closing all.
We will see if it will work ^^

I put some photos of all my works here...

http://picasaweb.google.com/cinemanvero/LavoriInCorso#
Say me what you think!
Andrea
cineman

Messagepar Alex » Ven 03 Oct 2008 à 22:08

Beautiful job! You are very brave to work in torsion bars alone! I look forward to seeing that be going the ventilated brakes, how much does it cost?
Alex

Messagepar cineman » Ven 03 Oct 2008 à 22:28

; ) I did not make that job alone... it is quite impossible for only one person to do a job on the door and torsion bar. The door itself is very very heavy! I had my father keep in tension the torsion bar with the door opened and then i keep out the little blocking plate. Then he relaxed the torsion bar and i could get it out. But we were a bit scaried because we wasnt completely sure of how much tension we had to expect from the bar :) ... but hey, all went ok ^^ and the passenger torsion bar is easy to find if broken :mrgreen:

I still do not have idea of the cost of the conversion, i still have to complete it and see if it works ok. The problem working with brakes, when you have to machine them, make drill in them etc is that every work you do, you add error to the tollerance. I hope they do not make vibration, at the end.
The thing that i like about the disc i found is that is a very common one, they are disc used on Seats, Audi, Golf... so you can find every type of disc you like, of that model.. like cross drilled, slotted, and on. For this first try i bought a pair of very base disc.
cineman

Messagepar cineman » Mar 07 Oct 2008 à 22:45

A little trick for all...

If you want to change the headlights of the Delorean with european projector for lamp H1 and H4, (for Xeno lamp or white bulb etc) you can buy the ones that Ed sells (set for about 160euros) or...
...you can find very cheaply in a scrapyard :)
Usually these lamps are on the old Nissan Vanette. Ask for them and take with you one to be sure.
When you buy it take care that the glass of the lamps is in good shape and also important that the Internal reflector is in good state, and not rusted/damaged etc.
If you can find the Hellas they are the best i think :)
I bought the entire set from the Vanette for 30euros! H1 and H4 lamp, i found Hellas and they were quite new.

Here you can see the Vanette mounting. I used only the H4 projector, in the photo already taken off, because the high beam on my car was fine. In the H4 projector i put 110watt white alogen :mrgreen: ...i like to see in the night :twisted:
ImageImage
cineman

PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Présentation